Thursday, September 12, 2002

 
After hearing good things about it for a while, I finally downloaded IntelliJ IDEA editor (2.6). Nice. It's a very slick editor, remarkably similar to TogetherJ (and written by the same dev team, court case ensuing I believe) but without the UML round tripping - one of Together's main features. I have to admit, I didn't use the UML too much, it's quite slow on my work machine, so it's not that big a loss. Also, many of the annoyances in Together are fixed in IDEA.

Always one to try the bleeding edge of a product, I then moved on to the beta 644 build.
This has more refactorings, built in version control -- not just external VCS integration - the editor actually tracks changes to a file, with multi rollback (without needing to check in) and the slickest visual diff I've seen anywhere.. nice.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?