Friday, April 08, 2005

 
Jini interest.

I see Dan and Tim are going to work on some Jini thoughts together. I must take a look at the new starter kit. I haven't been back to look at Jini since I last commented from the conference. Seems Tim picked up on the same thing I noticed - that the HelloWorld example is not in the slightest. It's a multi-protocol, multi-feature example thats (imho) far too complicated. If you can understand all the aspects of the example, you already know a significant amount about Jini.. kind of cart before horse.

One good thing I see from jini.org is the new licensing scheme, they certainly needed it. It seems (cos the posting isn't that clear to me, esp the start), that most of it will be Apache v2. Nice.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?