Tuesday, October 25, 2005

 

Joel get's bitten

Joel got worked up by a conference he attended. His rant's on the comment page are quite amusing. He calls this type of behaviour "architecture astronauts", I'd previously called it "consultant speak" due to source that I encountered it at.

When working at a large bank, we used to have weekly meetings with an external architecture consultant. Sometimes (disturbingly frequently) he'd say a phrase or a whole diatribe (I lost contact with the grammar, tracking when a sentence or concept finished), and we'd just look blankly at each other while trying to decipher what was said. I ended up just asking him to repeat it in a simpler way, it was unfathomable. I'm not acutally sure if anyone understood that stuff -- do some people just let it slide completely? Some must.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?